Thursday, May 24, 2012

Where were we?

Hello my little neglected blog.  I say it over and over, but I really need to hang out here more, and invite others. But I'm a terrible hostess, virtually and otherwise, and that's another post.

When I started the blog a while back, I fantasized that it would somehow get discovered by Oprah and make me a best selling author, contributor to Self, Martha Stewart Living, and most pinned on Pinterest. Okay, Pinterest didn't exist then and at the time all I really wanted was to be a stay at home mom - a second child, a promotion (and several projects I got suckered into) later, that's still a goal rather than a reality.

Being a working mom is hard, whether you stay at home or not (I know because I've done both, since I was laid off in the middle of my first pregnancy and struggled to find work for 18 months afterward). But being able to share is what gets me through each day. Whether it's crying to my husband on the bluetooth in my minivan on my hour-long commute home from work, or hearing another mom confess over beers that she doesn't have it together either despite her perfect hair and well-behaved kids.

So while this blog doesn't promise to fund my dream of spending my weekdays with my kids, working my way through my Pinterest boards and keeping their meals organic, it sure won't hurt to come here for a chat.

Come by any time!

No comments:

Post a Comment